Sunday, May 8, 2011

on Mother's Day

What a funny thing life is with all it's titles:  Newborn, Toddler, Ugh...teenager, Friend, Sister, Daughter, High Jumper, Student, Aunt, Teacher, Grandaughter, Coach, Girlfriend, Wife.  Mother, that's the one that really is the best one, the title you have to earn, the one that carries the most weight, the one that has a Sunday in May assigned to celebrate it.  We get things like cards and gift certificates and if we're lucky, Spa Days (Thank you Randy)!  But I've got to take a moment and be cliche when I say that getting a hug and a smile from your child is really the best gift ever. 
I love my girls and I love being their mother!  What a wonderful thing motherhood is and I am so very lucky Stella and Ruby have given me this new role and new life.  Thank you to my own Mom for being so wonderful and putting our lives and happiness ahead of her own . 
 A picnic lunch with our friends.
 Stella does such a wonderful job of playing with Ruby.  She is good with sharing her things (except for her one special baby and blankets)   And Ruby really thinks Stella is great! I always said, "Ruby will be so much happier when she is able to sit up."   Well now that she can sit up all she wants to do is stand up.  She is very strong but still just 7 months old, so she's too wobbly to do this on her own too much yet, but she sure wants to and is getting better and better at it.  It seems to have been just yesterday that we bought this activity table for Stella for her first Christmas.

 Ruby loved being outside and in her jumperoo!  She got the biggest kick out of Stella hoola hooping!!!! You have to watch the video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment