Friday, January 14, 2011

Reading 'Someday'

We read this book every night together. 'Someday' is a really special book given to us from my Mom. It makes me cry all the time! It's so sweet about a mother and a daughter, and all that the mother dreams will happen for her daughter someday. But as you read, the daughter gets older and older, until in the end she's brushing her own child's hair. The page that really gets to me says, "Someday I (the mom) will stand on this porch and watch you wave to me until I no longer see you." And the daugher is grown up and headed off to college. In the end the story says..."Someday your own hair will glow silver in the sun, and when that day comes love, you will remember me" I really can't describe it as well as I want to. You should go buy it! Especially if you are a mother or a daughter. Lately Stella, like most things, wants to read this book all by herself. She's memorized most all of the pages and it's so cute to hear her 'read' the story. Of course, as soon as I get the camera out Stella gets a little silly and I haven't quite captured just how good she is at this! She doesn't mess up even a little when I don't have the camera of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment