Wednesday, October 27, 2010

graduation from the crib

Stella is now in her big girl bed, and she loves it.  We made the big move yesterday both nap time and night time have been a success both days.  And I'm thrilled.  You never know what's going to happen I suppose.  I made a big deal about the two of us moving her babies and pillows from her crib to her NEW bed.  I also showed her that all her clothes were now in cool dressers in her NEW room.  She was very excited.  So far she's done as I asked, and has called for me when she wakes up and I come and get her.  I am hopeful that it lasts.  Yesterday it occured to me that I was so caught up in making the process seem very exciting for Stella so that she would like it, that I didn't think too much about the milestone that it actually is.  She is no longer in a crib, no longer even close to anything 'baby'.  And while I know we've got so many wonderful things to look forward to in the future I'm still a little sad to say good-bye to Stella's past.  I know, I know, I'm nuts.  :)
Stella had  her 30 month well check Dr's appointment Monday.  She watched me get a flu shot and then she got two shots.  Poor thing, she really cried, but got over it quick enough.  She's now 38.5" tall and weighs 33 pounds. 

Ruby had her 1 month well check today.  That's right, she's already 1 month old!  She now weighs in at 11.5 pounds putting her in the 97th percentile and she is 22" tall, which is in the 88th percentile.  The girl doesn't miss any meals!  She doing wonderful.  Caught a cold last week from big sister, but is over it already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment