Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

Happy 4th of July!  We had a great time at a friend's house.  The kids loved playing in Chase's new sandbox/playset.  There was some sand throwing later in the evening.  Stella and all of her friends just played and played.  Later that night we got set up for some fireworks.  Another couple and Randy brought some to set off.  Stella DID NOT like them; not even the sparklers.  She buried her head in my chest and had me cover her one exposed ear with my hand.  She was so terrified she didn't move a muscle, except to breath.  We stuck it out for a couple, but then she and I went inside.  I felt so bad subjecting her to something she was so scared of.  Poor thing.  Maybe next year. 

In other news:  I'm now 27 weeks and embarking on my third trimester!  Woohoo.  It's going by very fast!  The little girl in there is super active, kicking and moving and jabbing all the time.  I thought if you had one extremely active child it was only fair that the next one be very docile.  I don't think that's going to be the case for us at the Kruse household.  Stella will be able to show her lots of fun tricks I'm sure.  And what on earth would Stella do with a docile sister anyway!?
Here are Stella and I putting our feet up to rest a bit.  You can see that Stella has a hard time even keeping both feet down.  She's always got to be moving something.  It was very cute though, she climbed right up beside me, put her pillow down on the recliner and made sure she was in the same position as I was. 



1 comment:

  1. You look adorable, Kelly!! I wish you were here so that I could take your picture! :) Hope your last trimester goes as quickly as the first two!

    ReplyDelete