Thursday, March 18, 2010

1st trip to the dentist

So...we went to the dentist. Here is a picture of her playing before the appointment.

Here is a shot of her afterwards with a cool new mirror she got.
I could not take any pictures during because I was too busy holding her down! I thought Stella would do a good job at the dentist. She seems to always like new adventures and new people. But this apparently was NOT the day for her to visit the dentist. She didn't like the purple gloves or the tools or the flouride or the cool chair that moved up and down. We went to a pediatric dentist office. So the ladies were all so friendly and welcoming and tried really hard to get her to warm up and she just wasn't having it. She cried very loud while the hygentist was trying to do anything, even just look in her mouth.
We were told that we need to get her to stop sucking her thumb. This I knew. But so soon? Why does part of me not want her to stop sucking her thumb? I think it's because that'll be the last little bit of baby to go and that makes me sad. I know it's silly. So I'm going to start talking to her about it. We'll work on it.

1 comment:

  1. Meredith's dentist wants her to stop sucking her fingers! She's 5. It's WAY past time to be taking care of this one for us! She's doing better. Claire sucked her thumb until she was 4 or 5. Then she just stopped. I don't even think we talked about it. She only did it when she was tired or super-upset. Meredith sucks her fingers much more often. At this point, we've basically told her that if she's going to suck her fingers, it's time to go to bed! Good luck!!! :) Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete