Monday, March 26, 2012

Stella's first 4th birthday party.

The birthday princesses.  This is Stella with her good pal Kolby.  They share a birth day.  Kolby will be 3 on March 31st and Stella will turn 4. Kolby's mom and I wanted to celebrate their birthdays together this year.  Sarah volunteered to host the party at her house.  The party was Sunday and we had a great time. 

This castle cake was a labor of love.  It seemed a lot easier when I designed it in my head.  Aren't things always that way?  Sarah (Kolby's mom) made some excellent cake pops, her specialty.


My little princess! I made these fun hats for both girls.  They were a hit. 






Ruby wanted to join some kids in the backyard.  She couldn't get out of the screened in porch and I didn't want her too.  This is her upset face.  I have a feeling it will look almost exactly the same say in about 14 years.


So many great friends were there.


Super ready to open presents, but they were patient with the parent paparazzi who wanted some photos before paper and gifts were everywhere.


Kolby her Mom. 



Cute dress!  Stella would wear a dress everyday if she could!


A VERY captive audience.


Stella was thrilled to get this special Hello Kitty toothbrush.  Her friend Lexington has one and she just loved it.  Last night I brushed her teeth with it and she was giggling.  After we were done she came out of the bathroom saying, "That was so much fun."



Very sweet moment of two friends blowing out the candles together.


Question:  How do you get children to gather around, sit still, pay attention and stick around?
Answer: Sing Happy Birthday and cut the cake.


Ruby hadn't recieved her cake pop yet and would you look at that face!

1 comment:

  1. Your cake looks great!! I know castle cakes can be a complete labor of love!! I'm certain that Stella LOVED it!! And you look beautiful in your pictures...as always. :)

    ReplyDelete