Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our new home






















We've been working like crazy on the house this past weekend. We closed on Thursday of last week and were so excited it finally happened. Sometimes it seemed it never would. The house was a foreclosure, so the paper work between realtors, attorneys, agents, lenders etc. took some time. Randy riped up all the carpet in the whole house, padding and staples by himself. I was very impressed! We also realized that we could pull up all the peel and stick tile that was put down in the kitchen and two bathrooms. That was a big job and both Randy and my knuckles are torn up. Despite some beat up hands the house is coming along. We got all new carpet installed yesterday after I caulked and painted all the baseboards and trim. wow, what a difference. Some friends we've made here helped us get a spectacular deal on some great Shaw carpet. Thx Janae and Jeff ;) Now we're scrubbing floors and cupboards and doing all that stuff. We are so excited to move in and have a home of our own again here. I think we'll feel much more rooted at that point. I'm so glad Stella (and Millie) will soon have a backyard to play in and more room to roam. So here are some before pictures, taken on Monday, and I will post some after pictures later. Wish us luck! I've packed nothing in the apartment yet! And we've got to be out of here on Sunday.
The new address is ... 7 Box Tree Way, Greenville, SC 29605






1 comment:

  1. WOW! Looks like you have some yard work cut out for you! Wish I could be there to help!!! Congrats though, the place looks great and once you fix it up it will be so nice... I just can't believe that yard. :-)

    Hopefully we can come stay there someday! matt

    ReplyDelete